Furnace Repair in Newport News and Virginia Beach, VA
Winter is on the horizon here in Hampton Roads. Even when we’re enjoying the pleasant summer weather in our area, we know temperatures are going to plummet before long. When that happens, we’ll long for summer’s return and be grateful for the modern miracle of central heating systems. To make sure you’re ready for winter, trust Colonial Home Services with all of your furnace repair needs!
If you need professional furnace repair in Virginia Beach and Newport News, VA, or the surrounding Hampton Roads areas, contact us online, or give us a call at (757) 272-7247 to schedule an appointment for service.
Keeping Your Furnace Working Properly
There’s something inherently satisfying about turning on the furnace and hearing it start up for the first time each season. Feeling that first comforting blast of heat is even better. Of course, things don’t always go as planned. When something goes wrong, it’s time for furnace repair in Hampton Roads.
Colonial Home Services is here to keep your furnace working. Our expert HVAC technicians have the training, experience, and tools to handle any type of malfunction. If your heating system isn’t meeting your needs, contact us to schedule a furnace repair appointment. We’ll be there as quickly as possible to take care of the problem.
How Do I Know If I Need Furnace Repairs?
It’s not uncommon for people to be hesitant about contacting a residential furnace repair specialist when their heater doesn’t seem to be working right. They may feel they’re being overly cautious. They sometimes think colder-than-average temperatures are just working against their heating systems, making it seem as though they’re not up to par.
Don’t hesitate to contact us whenever you feel your furnace isn’t working properly. Rest assured, we would rather come to your home and find nothing wrong than for you to be left in the cold because you didn’t reach out. It’s always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to staying on top of heating repairs, as issues such as cracks in the heat exchanger can cause carbon monoxide to mix with the air and lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. With that being said, take a look at some of the common warning signs that you need to book a furnace repair appointment.
- Pilot Light Discoloration – One indication that it’s time for furnace repair or maintenance is a discolored pilot light. The pilot light should burn a brilliant blue color. If it’s orange or yellow, it may be getting too much air and not enough fuel. That could keep the furnace from working properly.
- Poor Heat Output – Another sign that a furnace isn’t working well is poor heat output. No matter how cold it is outside, the furnace should be able to keep the chill out of your home. Warm air should have a bit of force behind it when it’s blowing out of the vents, too. If it’s not measuring up in either of those areas, you may need to schedule HVAC repair services.
- Short Cycling – Short cycling is also a common problem with furnaces. That means your home heating system starts up but quickly shuts off again. Maybe it’s trying to start up but can’t quite get there. Either way, it’s a surefire sign of trouble. Short cycling could damage the furnace’s internal components, leaving your home cold and miserable. Contact our HVAC system repair experts, and we’ll get your furnace working right.
- Reduced Indoor Air Quality – Reduced indoor air quality can be an indication that a heating system isn’t working properly. You may notice more dust than usual gathering around vents or accumulate on surfaces. Maybe your family members are suffering from recurring headaches or stuffiness that just won’t go away. Those are only a few signs of poor indoor air quality, and your heating system could be to blame. Contact us for home heating repair services to get rid of excess dust and other airborne contaminants.
- Strange Odors – If you notice unusual odors coming from the furnace or vents, that could signal that you need heating repairs. It’s normal for a heating system to smell like hot dust the first few times it kicks on. You may even initially notice a faint odor of gas. Beyond that, though, your heating system shouldn’t produce odd smells. If you detect a lingering odor of gas, a musty smell, or other unusual scents emanating from the furnace or vents, be sure to contact us immediately.
- Skyrocketing Power Bills – Higher-than-usual power bills can likewise be indications that you need home heating repairs. That’s a sign that your heating system is using more energy than it should to keep your home warm. Our HVAC repair team can get your furnace working efficiently and effectively again, so your power bills will return to normal.
If you experience any of those issues, it’s time for a furnace repair appointment. Maybe your furnace doesn’t quite seem to be doing its job, but you can’t quite put your finger on the problem. Feel free to contact us in a situation like that as well. We’re here to help, and we’re dedicated to keeping you safe, warm, and happy.
Hampton Roads Furnace Repair Services You Can Depend On
If your furnace is giving you fits, the team at Colonial Home Services stands ready to get it back under control. We’re experts in residential furnace repairs, and we’re always here to help. Let us be your go-to HVAC system repair experts, and rest easy with the peace of mind knowing that you’re in the best hands.
If you’re ready to schedule an appointment for furnace repair in the Newport News, Virginia Beach or the surrounding areas, contact us online or give us a call at (757) 272-7247. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is standing by to assist you!